Today it has been several years since the internet has come to life, the usual means of marketing aren’t as efficient as they used to be some years ago. Today far better options which are way more cost-effective ways of marketing are available to reach out to an even wider range of audience than what it was possible to a few years back. Digital marketing is the way to go if you want to enjoy the benefits of these advancements in internet technology.
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing refers to any form of marketing done using the Internet, electronic gadgets, or any other technological tools. Digital Marketing is a very broad term that entails lots of other subjects but for the sake of simplicity, we will keep its scope limited.
Why Digital Media Marketing
Before doing something it’s always a good idea, to know why you are doing it. Getting to know the Why before doing anything can help you ease out the process.
- Cost-effective as compared to traditional marketing:- Cost of marketing with the Digital marketing is way less compared to traditional means of marketing. It keeps the investment to a minimum and delivers much better results.
- Reaching the population globally:- With Digital Marketing your target audience can be from anywhere across the globe. With Digital Marketing it is very easy to reach to the people situated even at the other end of the world.
- Improved Brand Recognition:- When using Digital marketing it makes reaching out to your audience much easier, you can have one-on-one Q&A sessions with your audience. Or you can give an answer to their queries in the tread of websites like Reddit.
- Targeted to specific customers:- In digital marketing, the audience that we have is usually targeted. What it means is that you don’t sell condoms to people looking for a hospital to deliver their first baby. You serve them what they want.
- Provides Analytics that helps to improve the business model:- A business needs to improve itself to keep up with the changing world. WIth the help of Digital Marketing you get a lot of real-time statistics to help you improve the business further. And with the help of an enormous amount of data produced by various tools used in digital marketing, it becomes a lot easier.
- Eco-Friendly:- Rather than the use of papers or other physical media, we use digital media to transmit the same ideas. It’s more efficient and eco-friendly than their physical alternatives. Read more here. Large amount of trees are saved by using the digital marketing for your marketing needs.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
The most effective, and cost-efficient, and also my favorite way of digital Marketing (for websites) is doing SEO of the webpage. it is the process to optimize the website to “rank” higher in search engine results pages. Thus, increasing the amount of organic (free) traffic. SEO can be game-changing for Websites and Blogs.
In order to increase traffic and traffic’s quality. There are number of way to perform SEO includes.
- Off page SEO
- On page SEO
- technical SEO
Content Marketing focused on creating and distributing ( or promote) relevant content (such as blogs, videos, Infographics ) to attract a specific audience and build a brand reputation among the audience. there are many types of content format you can create, I had listed a few below
1. Blog posts 2. Ebooks/Book Summary 3. Case studies 4. Charts/graphs 5. Infographics 6. Videos 7. Podcasts 8. Cartoons/Illustration 9. Photo/Photo Collage
Social Media Marketing :
Social Media is a great way to reach and interact with your target audience. Social Media Marketing is the best way to create brand awareness and gain people’s trust. Which eventually leads to getting new customers. But, you need to carefully choose the Social Media channel using which you want to promote your content or business.
Don’t just start marketing on every channel at once. Start by focusing on max. 2 first then gradually start Marketing on other Channels. To help you in choosing the right Social Media Platform we had written a blog on this: Which Social Platform to choose
Pay Per Click (PPC):
PPC gives you the power to reach no. of users on several digital platforms through paid ads. The most common type of PPC Marketing is Google Ads, which allows you to Bid for the top slots on Google’s search engine results pages. Other channels for PPC Marketing includes:- Facebook Marketing, Bing, Twitter Ads, and Linkedin, etc.
Of all these channels I believe Facebook Ads is the most effective as it allows to targets a very niche-specific audience. And Google Ads are also very effective as it allows to targets the audience which is already searching for a specific service or product.
Affiliate Marketing is one of the oldest forms of Marketing Strategy(discussed in the blog). And also, one of the easiest ways to of marketing. In Affiliate Marketing, Companies pay a Third Party, a percentage of the sale, to promote their products or services. The Internet revolution has given a new life to this Marketing Form. Many big brands like Amazon have a successful affiliate program from which you can make a killing. For companies also, it is an excellent opportunity as the promotion costs can be cutoff.
For getting successful in Affiliate Marketing you need to gain the trust of your audience. Once they trust you only then you can sell something. Think, about it yourself would you like to buy something which someone randomly tells you to buy.
Email marketing is by far one of the most cost-effective ways to communicate with your audience. In Email marketing, you just don’t spam people with random emails in which they might or might not be interested. Rather, you have a list of potential clients that one way or another are interested in your products or services.
Email Marketing is effective as the customers brought by it are dedicated. Afterall no one randomly puts their emails everywhere on the internet. So all the people in your mailing list are valuable clients. And you need to curate the emails carefully to satisfay the needs of those clients.
Helpful resources: Work from home Jobs in Digital Media Marketing.
I hope this blog will be helpful to you in understanding the basics of Digital Marketing. Sure Digital Marketing but you need to learn a lot to harness the power of Digital Marketing, and we will be there to help in case you find yourself stuck at some point. You can always contact us from the contact page.